second try

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Affordable Organic Food

For those of you on the West Coast who are looking for a good way to feed your family healthfully without spending an arm and a leg, you might want to look into www.azurestandard.com.

Back when I was single, working one or two jobs, sometimes in college and heavily committed at my local church, I purchased a Costco membership and began cooking in bulk whenever I could fit it in. On the days I wasn't running out the door to get my favorite bean rice and cheese burrito, I might have brought stuffed peppers or baked salmon into work for my lunch break. Can you say yum? I found that on a tight budget the only way I could afford to eat good, quality food was to purchase it in bulk and freeze my single size meal portions in the freezer. Since then I have learned a bit more about what is quality, I still shop at Costco and in this phase of life I have also entered into the wonderful world of Azure Standard. You might want to, too!

At Azure Standard you can purchase quality bulk or single item foods ranging from chicken scratch, fresh produce, seeds, baking goods like bulk organic wheat berries and canned items... etc. I think you get the picture. There are no membership fees and you do not have to order every month. However, when you do order, you must spend at least $50. How easy is that? To view their pricing you can request a catalog or create a free online account. You can even create a favorites list and check the items you want to order that month. That feature is a huge time saver. Unfortunately their system does not yet tell you when an item is out of stock, but that is coming. That is my only complaint, and not worth dwelling on when it will be resolved in due time.

Once your order is placed you simply drive to your local pick up location on the designated day and get your order. You can pay cash on delivery or credit card on the internet ahead of time. You can create a local drop point if there is not one in your area.

This company is based in Oregon and produces some of the food themselves, but most of it comes from other companies whose brand names you might recognize if you have already been steering away from conventional, processed foods with bizarre, foreign sounding ingredient lists. The bulk option makes your purchase  more affordable, but when you can not afford that, or do not need it, the choice to order a small size or single item comes in handily.

If you have been looking for an affordable way to feed your family more healthy foods, they have an amazing supply of organic items and other more natural products. It is definitely worth a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment